The regular season wraps up this week across the area for Grand Rapids boys basketball teams.
There’s still some drama to go before the postseason begins. Unity Christian is playing for an undefeated regular season and Northview will be trying to clinch the OK White Conference championship outright.
Here’s this week’s top 10.
1. Catholic Central (19-1) – Wrapped up regular season play and will begin preparation for next week’s district tournament.
Last week: Beat Cedar Springs 84-35; beat Kenowa Hills 69-58.
This week: Idle.
2. Unity Christian (19-0) – Closing in on an undefeated regular season.
Last week: Beat Holland Christian 65-44; beat Coopersville 75-55.
This week: At Zeeland West Thursday.
3. Northview (18-1) – Can clinch the OK White Conference championship outright with a win over Forest Hills Central Tuesday.
Last week: Beat Byron Center 65-22; beat East Grand Rapids 60-36.
This week: At Forest Hills Central Tuesday.
4. Rockford (18-2) – Captured the OK Red Conference championship outright with this past Friday’s regular-season finale victory over East Kentwood.
Last week: Beat West Ottawa 53-51; beat East Kentwood 79-71.
This week: Idle.
5. Grand Rapids Christian (15-4) – Needs FHC to beat Northview and a win over Byron Center to earn a share of the OK White title.
Last week: Beat Lowell 80-49; beat Forest Hills Northern 45-32.
This week: At Byron Center Tuesday.
6. Covenant Christian (14-3) – Had its 11-game winning streak snapped by Fennville.
Last week: Lost to Fennville 53-48; Beat Aviation Academy 68-36.
This week: At Kelloggsville Tuesday; at Godwin Heights Thursday.
7. Calvin Christian (16-3) – 16-game winning streak is the second longest among Grand Rapids area teams.
Last week: Beat Kelloggsville 67-60; beat NorthPointe Christian 49-35.
This week: Hosts Tri-unity Christian Thursday.
8. South Christian (14-5) – Finished tied with Forest Hills Eastern for second place in the OK Gold at 11-3.
Last week: Beat Ottawa Hills 88-57; beat Cedar Springs 76-43.
Up next: At East Kentwood Tuesday.
9. Forest Hills Eastern (14-5) – Four of its five losses are to teams ranked ahead of the Hawks.
Last week: Beat Kenowa Hills 55-50; Beat Wayland 75-57.
This week: Hosts Comstock Park Tuesday.
10. West Catholic (14-5) – Closing regular season strong, winning nine of its past 10 games.
Last week: Beat Fruitport 67-42; beat Spring Lake 55-43.
This week: At Grant Tuesday.