SIOUX FALLS, SD – North Dakota State’s Sam Griesel garnered the latest TicketSmarter Summit League Player of the Week for men’s basketball, league officials announced Monday. Griesel averaged 17.7 points and 9.7 rebounds as the Bison pushed their winning streak to five with a trio of Summit League victories last week.
In last Monday’s home win over South Dakota, Griesel delivered the game-winning basket with 3.2 seconds to play as his spinning bank shot helped the Bison erase a 17-point second-half deficit. He added 10 rebounds and four assists to go with his late-game heroics.
Griesel scored 23 points in a double-overtime win at Western Illinois, then backed that up with 24 in a win at St. Thomas as NDSU improved to 11-4 in league play. He marked the first time in his career he posted back-to-back games with 20-plus points. Griesel also added nine boards in each of those road victories.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Sam GrieselNorth Dakota State
Jr | G | Lincoln, Neb.
- Averaged 17.7 points and 9.7 rebounds in three NDSU victories last week
- Put together back-to-back 20-plus point games for first time in career
- Also averaged 3.7 assists per game for the week
- Logged 121 minutes in three games (40.3 minutes per game)
- This is the first Summit League weekly honor for Griesel