ONE Championship 160 is set to take place in August, and a major mma bout for the ONE Featherweight title will be taking place when Thanh Le defends his prestigious Championship.
Le will be defending against Tang Kai, the man ranked #1 in the ONE FC Featherweight division, and it is a highly-anticipated bout between the two best 155-pound fighters on the ONE FC roster.
Ahead of the massive contest, Le would discuss how he believes there is a gap between him and his opponent: good and elite.
Here’s everything you need to know about the comments from Thanh Le about his ONE Championship 160 opponent.
Read More: ONE Championship 159: Fight Card, Date, UK Start Time, Live Stream and More
Thanh Le vs Tang Kai
Speaking to the official ONE FC websiteLe would discuss what makes him an elite fighter over his opponent for the title:
He said: “[Tang] has a lot of the same strengths I do. He’s sharp. His movement is good and developed. His evasiveness is pretty good when he wants to be slick. He’ll engage when he thinks he has the advantage and he’ll bail when he thinks he is on even footing or in a negative position. So some of the things that I do well, he does well also, but I do them better.
“If he wants to whip out some of his wrestling, I think I’ll finish him on the ground. And if he wants to keep this standing, then I think you’ll see the gap between good and elite.
“If [Tang] wants to be a sniper and a ninja from the outside, that’s my game. He dies 10 times out of 10.
“If he wants to go in there and mix it up and make it hectic and crazy, then that is his best chance. But I’m really good at that stuff too, so that’s going to be a problem for him as well. If I hit him, he’s going to sleep.”
Read More: Thanh Le exclusive: ONE Featherweight champ talks taekwondo having a ‘bad rep’
ONE FC 160 Full Fight Card
For context, here is the full fight card for ONE Championship 160:
- ONE Lightweight World Championship Bout: Ok Rae Yoon (c) vs. Christian Lee (1)
- ONE Featherweight World Championship Bout: Thanh Le (c) vs. Tang Kai (1)
- ONE Flyweight Muay Thai World Grand Prix Semifinal: (1) Superlek Kiatmoo9 vs. (5) Walter Goncalves
- ONE Flyweight Muay Thai World Grand Prix Alternate: (3) Panpayak Jitmuangnon vs. Sherzod Kabutov
- Mixed Martial Arts Bout: Zebaztian Kadestam vs. Iuri Lapicus at Welterweight: 170 LBS – 185 LBS
- Muay Thai Bout: (2) Rittewada Petchyindee vs. (1) Saemapetch Fairtex at Bantamweight: 135 LBS – 145 LBS
- Mixed Martial Arts Bout: Paul Elliott vs. Martin Batur at Heavyweight: 225 LBS – 265 LBS
- Mixed Martial Arts Bout: Amir Khan vs. Keanu Subba at Featherweight: 145 LBS – 155 LBS
- Mixed Martial Arts Bout: Thales Nakassu vs. Kantharaj Agasa at Flyweight: 125 LBS – 135 LBS
- Submission Grappling Bout: Valdir Rodrigues vs. Renato Canuto at Lightweight: 155 LBS – 170 LBS
Read More: Thanh Le exclusive: ONE Championship star talks Amazon Prime, McGregor, Oliveira and more
You can find all of the latest ONE Championship, MMA and Combat Sports news right here at GiveMeSport.
News Now – Sports News